Landing page optimization or LPO is a broad process of digital marketing. It is also known as conversion rate optimization or simply conversion optimization.
Landing page design is carried out in order to increase the number of visitors visiting a website, which plays a key role in enhancing brand image and reputation and also increases its popularity.
We have all noticed various advertisements, of various sizes, in the corner of the website we visit.
They are appealing and eye catching, aren’t they?
And sometimes when we are intrigued by them, we click on these advertisements in order to check out what the advertisement is all about….
The webpage that appears in front of us when we click on the advertisement is the landing page.
This webpage usually contains content and matter that is related to what was displayed in the advertisement, but it is much more elaborate and explanatory.
The appearance of the page and the content needs to be attractive enough to draw in the visitors, after all they are potential customers.
Image Source : Malandarras
Various Kinds of Landing Page Optimization Tactics
Landing page marketing can be categorized in two ways on the basis of targeting and experimentation.
Classification on the Basis of Targeting
Associative content targeting:
This is also called passive targeting or rule based optimization….
The visitor’s geographic information for source traffic, search criteria and many other generic parameters are taken into consideration and the content of the page modified on this basis.
These parameters are used for proper consumer segmentation which doesn’t require research.
Predictive content targeting:
This kind is also known as active targeting. Information regarding the visitor, which is easily available, is looked at and the content of the page is modified on this basis…
This kind of information includes known demographic information, previous purchase history, browsing patters etc. All this is used to predict the future actions of the visitor, and predictive analytics is used for this purpose.
Consumer directed targeting or social targeting:
In this case, information that is available publicly with the help of ratings, tagging, reviews, referrals et cetera.
Classification on the Basis of Experimentation
Close ended experimentation:
variants of the landing page with differing headlines, content, images etc are made available to the visitors.
Now, it is observed what distractions the specific visitor removes from this page. This behaviour is analysed and then a page is created taking into consideration the outcome.
Open ended experimentation:
This is a lot like close ended experimentation, but the number of variants shown is more.
The experiment continues till the best outcome is received. Large companies and corporations use this method to improve their sales and to attract more customers, for landing page optimization.
Why Do You Need Landing Page Templates?
Publicity, promotion, marketing strategies etc – these are of utmost importance when it comes to running a website.
You need to have something about your website that sets you apart from other websites of the same type.
That is why you need to advertise it well….
Landing page optimization is a way of ensuring that. Why else will potential customers click on your link?
You need to have something attractive in the link or advertisement itself, something that would get your attention.
Once they click on this link provided by you, your work is half done. A visitor taking the time to visit your landing page means that he is already interested.
Now it is your chance to make the most of it.
It might happen that your website suffers from very poor pay per click performance.
Maybe your customers don’t find your website interesting enough to visit the next page. And that’s bad for business.
Thus, you should start testing, tracking, targeting and optimizing. It doesn’t matter how big or small your company is, you need to put your best foot forward in the landing page seo.
Hence, the need for high converting landing pages.
Some Useful Tips for Lead-Generating Landing Pages
• The home page shouldn’t be your landing page. The landing page design is more relevant and targeted towards a specific audience. You should have a separate page as landing page as that will have a specific purpose
• What is the use of landing pages if the advertisement or the link leads to a page that is nowhere near the customer’s expectations? Be consistent. From the ad to the landing page, the design, the tone and the content should remain consistent.
• Try not to beat around the bush. Be clear, exact and concise. Boring the customers will not yield good results for sure. Highlight the important parts and if you provide an introduction, make sure its interesting enough.
• The headline has to be catchy. It needs to be compact and deliver the message clearly. An abstract headline may mislead the visitors. Keep it simple and short and good enough to make the visitors pause and read it.
• In case you have numerous user types, make sure you have a separate landing page for all segments.
• Make sure this landing page is free from all sorts of clutter. Test your landing page. Observe it yourself. See that it is something that would catch your eye.
• No one really likes to read too much. If you ask the visitors to read a lot, they’ll probably get bored soon and leave your page. Keep it short. Say all that you have to say in that short content.
• Every content, every image on this landing page should reflect your core values, what your website stands for.
• Experiment with it! See what works and what doesn’t. The trial and error method is really helpful when it comes to landing page conversion rate.
• You want to create a buzz with the landing pages, don’t you? Then make sure visitors can share it on the common social media sites.
Remember, if you strategically design your website’s landing page, it will create a good impression on your customers, and very few things can guarantee that.
Companies across the world who have done landing page optimization have noticed how their profits and conversion rates soared.